Taleo is an advisory firm specialized in financial services acting in Luxembourg, Paris and Brussels. Our financial expertise combined with our specialization in Risk Management, Compliance, Governance and Financial Information Systems allow us to deliver best practices as well as tailored and innovative solutions to our clients.
What is a Java Developer at Taleo?
Java Developer responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle · Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
What are the types of project you could be working on?
- Internet and mobile applications · Business administration tools (pricing, contracts management, billing…)
- Electronic document management solutions (medical prescription, notarial deeds…)
- Intelligent apps …
We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Java developer responsibilities include designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework · Experience as a Sun Certified Java Developer
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
Why should you should join us ?
You are looking for a fun and learning work environment!
As part of the Taleo family you will actively participate in the delivery of large scale projects in different sectors of activities.
You will be part of a talented and dynamic team.
You will be able to benefit from a broad diversity of career options career and have the possibility to develop international and long lasting work relationships.